Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Bright Green & Turquiose Stripe Girls Room

 Routed Board and Bat
Even though I don't have the finished pictures yet and I forgot to take before pictures.  Here is our second girls room.  Lucky girl, her room was the most hideous, there wasn't even a window sill.  It was painted two shades of white before and not well, might I add. 


I learned how to use the router for this one.  We did a lot of board and bat in our other house but I didn't like how it fit together, especially when we didn't remove the baseboards.  I want to do something similar in my dining room but I wanted to practice in a room that would not be seen by me so much.  So we first build the window sill.  I think we did okay but Tim is not a perfectionist and neither am I, but I do aspire to be.  Then I tore out the baseboards, I had Tim route them because he was refusing to buy me a router table (house hadn't sold) and I can't manipulate the router with these broken paws.  But by the end of this project he bought and happily set up my router table and I have since used it to finish the project.  We added shelves and a bit of decor but basically, besides that pink chalkboard door she is getting (she wanted beaded curtains on the closet but I couldn't find some that would hide the mess) this is it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment