Sunday, April 12, 2015

Katelyn's Room



Finished March 29th in the nick of time


 Katelyn has been living in a construction zone for about 3 weeks.  My problem is I start ambishly with three projects and then I remember I am the mother of five and the time I have to do these projects is 20 minutes here 1 hour there.  Usually I get awakened with this knowledge when I am in my painting clothes and my phone informs me, Savanna needs to picked up from school.  This after putting Audrey down for a nap and I haven't even started painting.  Sigh.  I change back into my clothes because I would be mortified if someone saw me.  Who am I kidding, rarely does a day go by when I have showered before noon, but my running clothes are a bit more barable then my painting ones.  Sooo... With much adu  I am excited I got Katelyn's room done before her birthday



Before Katelyn was very uninspired by the beige.  Coral is more her color


This weird wall begged to be a column since I wanted to practice so that someday I could do some in my dining room, this was a great opportunity.  It was hard I remember thinking I don't really need columns in my dining room.  But now looking at the final outcome I think yes  I do need these in my dining room.






 
 This baby was pottery barn teen inspired without the 200+ dollars.  I made the panels out of leftover bead board, we had this up in our other house as part of a wall unit, Tim thought I was crazy for taking it down.  But I did not believe the new owners would appreciate it and frankly I did not want to make it again.  So this time I made a frame to go around it and wala.  wipe board and pin boards as well as photo dispaly


No comments:

Post a Comment