Sunday, April 12, 2015

Strawberry cream cheese three layer cake EASY



The Easiest cake ever.  I usually spend hours among a few days getting ready for birthdays.  I've made lightning mcqueen, toy store, a volcano, barbie, etc.  I will look up the cakes and post them from the past.  But with all the construction on Katelyn's room and the normal laundry and cleaning I really wanted something quick.  And thisturned out so yummy I may never go back to the seamless frosting and hours of work, I did in the past.

2 boxes of french vanilla cake mix.  This I do my own way. 
Add 4 eggs, 1 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup coconut oil (or any oil) 2 pkgs of vanilla pudding, 1 1/2 cup of water. 

I grease my pans with crisco, then oil and flour
Three pans then I had enough batter left to make 6 cupcakes

After baked and cooled I usually wrap the cakes up and freeze then so I can frost them the next day.  I do this because I am usually on it but this cake was made on Katelyn's birthday so no time for that. 

They cooled while I finished her room and 30 minutes before her friends came over I threw two pkgs or cream cheese in the microwave to soften.  Threw them in the mixer with heavy cream (probably about a cup) and whipped the heck out of it.  Added powdered sugar (probably 2 cups) and waala.  Cut up some strawberries that I thankfully had on hand.  Love Costco!  and mmmmm.  the best cake ever.  We enjoyed the rest after womens conference.  This cake was inspired by a to die for raspberry cream cheese kneaders pie we enjoyed on my birthday pie day

No comments:

Post a Comment